Join the Team!
Do you want to help major brands deliver their products and service globally? Then you have come to the right place.
UX24/7 is a global design research agency. We help some of the worlds most recognised brands involve their customers in the creation, launch and operation of their products and services. And we help them almost anywhere in the world through our team of more than 100, senior design researchers. We are passionate about how organisations can improve their performance by involving their customers in their product and service design process.
We have a number of blue chip clients including many well-known brands that we are adding to all the time. Our strategy is to build strong and lasting relationships by delivering excellent work and honest feedback. We like to have fun and create a rewarding and vibrant environment for people to develop.
ABOUT THE ROLE
UX24/7 is a global Design Research agency, based in London and with customers operating around the world. We help these blue-chip brands with their local and global UX Research requirements as they enter new markets, improve localisation and develop new products & services.
The research we design and deliver falls into three main groups: discovery (foundation) research, generative research and evaluative research. As Senior UX/User Researcher in our Design Research team you will develop your expertise within each of these areas and the opportunity to progress to the Lead level.
We are seeking an experienced researchers based in the UK and Germany that have already made the step up to Senior level or a mid-weight pushing hard to get there.
When you join UX24/7 you will lead projects and engagements with blue-chip clients located all over the world. You will use methodologies that span from in-depth user interviews to generative co-creation workshops, to usability evaluations.
Supported by our Consultancy Director and Research Operations Team, you will be able to focus on what you do best – design research!
THE CAPABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE YOU WILL HAVE
We are looking for candidates that can demonstrate the following capabilities and experience:
- Master’s degree in HCI, Usability, Psychology or closely related discipline
- 5 years’ commercial experience doing hands-on user research across a range of methodologies and qualitative data analysis techniques
- Ability and experience in conducting qualitative research fluently in both German and English
- Passion for research and improving user/customer experiences
- Quantitative / statistical data analysis skills would be an advantage but is not required
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- An opinion about our profession
- Ability to work autonomously, with the right support
Other requirements are as follows: You should have
- An interest in the interface between people and technology
- Good problem-solving capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Competency with Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and with research tools and solutions (e.g. Miro, Zoom, Optimal Workshop, etc)
BEHAVIOURS THAT WILL MAKE YOU A SUCCESS
- Energy, enthusiasm, determination.
- A self-starter
WHAT WE OFFER
Working for UX24/7 will provide a range of opportunities to you:
- Competitive salary based on skills and experience.
- Pension, Healthcare, Life Insurance, Ride to work, Flexi-holiday: buy/sell up to 5 days
- 26 to 31 days holiday per year
- Remote & flexible working
- Choice of Apple Mac or PC
- The opportunity to learn and develop new skills and capabilities
- The opportunity to progress your career
- Note: although UX24/7 is based in London, UK, this role does not have to be UK based.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for this role please send a copy of your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining why you feel this is the right opportunity for you by email to:
Please note: If you don’t have the minimum skill levels required for the role and/or your CV or covering letter contain typographical errors you will not be contacted and your application will be automatically rejected.
ABOUT THE ACCREDITED PRACTITIONER PROGRAMME
The accredited practitioner programme is an opportunity for you to join us as a freelance user experience professional.
We are looking for experienced and talented user experience professionals with relevant skills and experience such as working with mobile, communication skills, length of practical experience and appropriate qualifications to train in our methodologies.
The accreditation process involves a review of your CV, portfolio, range of skills, and an assessment of your depth and length of experience.
For most experienced user professionals, it is a straightforward process that you will confident of coming through with flying colours.
Success means you can set yourself apart from other practitioners and we now award a ‘UX24/7 Accredited Practitioner’ badge under the Open Badges standard. The badge is also integrated with Openbadges.