WCAG Audit Services
We provide best practice Accessibility Audit services for your website and apps to identify how they perform against the World Content Accessibility Guidelines, known as WCAG. We can provide the following:
- Accessibility audits to W3C level A, AA and AAA
- Mobile accessibility audits
- Three different deliverable formats depending on your needs from table to management report.
- Follow up consultancy
Our Accessibility Audits are delivered by experts in the field and are NOT automated software audits. For more information or to book an Accessibility Audit please call us FREE on 0800 0246 247 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Accessibility Audit uses a best practice methodology to review a sub-set of pages from your website against the level of WCAG compliance your organisation is aiming for. Accessibility is now reasonably mature and the conventions clearly set out by WCAG and so we feel there is no need to try and adapt or complicate the best practice methods that already exist.
Version 2.0 of the W3C’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) contains 61 checkpoints split into three conformance levels – A, AA and AAA. We typically audit to level A or AA (AA is what we recommend) and it is rare that a website is required to meet level AAA. Level A includes 25 checkpoints and level AA a further 13 checkpoints all of which are covered in conformance with the guidance set out by WCAG.
Most websites are built using templates and so it is not necessary to test every page. We therefore test an example of each template plus any other unique content items such as forms, data tables, images and maps. For example, an accessibility audit for a 100 page website would see us auditing only 6 or 7 pages.
The standard deliverable is a spreadsheet containing the results for every checkpoint for each page we have audited. There are more sophisticated report options for those organisations that need them and these are described below.
If you have specific questions about our methodology or would like to see an example report please contact us.
We provide the following optional extras:
- Upfront page count audit to help identify how many pages need to be audited
- Management summary report in Word document format
- Management summary report in PowerPoint document format with annotated screen grabs
- Presentation or workshop of findings and recommendations
- Accessibility Consultancy
There are a number of benefits to using the Accessibility Audit service and to providing an accessible website for your users. Here are just a few:
- Websites that are accessible perform much better in SEO
- Improving accessibility also improves usability and so it should not just be seen as something for people with disabilities
- Accessibility improvements tend to help people with sight difficulties and that generally means the older population. This just happens to be the fastest growing and most affluent online user base.
- Reduced risk of legal action for non-compliance
- Our service will show you where you comply, where you fail to comply and we can also show you how to fix any issues.
Who is it for?
An Accessibility Audit is primarily for organisations wishing to understand to what level they comply with the WCAG accessibility guidelines and who need a check list to guide them toward making necessary improvements.
Ready to get started? Give us a call on +44 (0)800 0246 247 or email email@example.com and we can provide a specific quotation for you.